Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This soup is a twist off the cabbage soup diet. I didn't like the classic recipe, so I decided to create my own. It's lower in sodium, flavorful, & delicious with a hint of curry powder. Easy to prepare & to make.
- * Heat up 1-2 tsp oil in dutch oven.
- * Saute onion, celery & garlic til soft.
- * Add curry powder & star anise, cook 1 minute.
- * Add Cabbage.
- * Add 32 oz. chicken broth.
- * Let the soup boil for 15 minutes.
- * Lower heat & cover, simmer for 20 minutes or until cabbage reaches a desired consistency.