Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This improvised recipe turned out so well that I have to share it! Perfect for a chilly day. Add extra curry to your taste. I like it spicy!
- 1 butternut squash (other types may work too)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (I used lite)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (I used Thai Kitchen brand)
- 3 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Slice the squash in half and scoop out seeds and strings. Place face up in 1/4 inches of water in 9 x 13 pan. Place unpeeled garlic cloves inside center of squash. Drizzle with olive oil if desired. Cover with tin foil. Roast the squash in the oven for 30-45 minutes until soft enough to scoop.
- Remove squash and let cool.
- Scoop out all squash into food processor along with garlic. The garlic will easily come apart from peel.
- Add one can of chicken stock and process until smooth.
- Put on stove and add other can of stock, plus coconut milk and curry. You may need to whisk the curry to unclump it.
- Add veggies, tofu, rice noodles if desired, but it is great all by iteself. Serve with crusty bread!