Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A good on the go snack or light meal for breakfast!
Make and share this Curry Buns recipe from Food.com.
For the buns
- 400 g bread flour
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 90 g sugar
- 10 g powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 egg
- 220 g cold water
- 70 g butter
- 1 egg
- melted butter
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Make filling first:.
- Parcook potatoes by either steaming in the microwave or boiling them.
- In a pan, heat oil and fry onions till soft. Add in curry powder, potatoes, chilli paste and a dash of water.
- Cook well.
- Add in coconut milk, sugar and salt. Cook till thick and no longer "curry like".
- For buns:.
- Combine all ingredients together except the butter. Knead either by hand or bread hook for 10 minutes Add in butter and knead for another 20 mins or till it is smooth, shiny and no longer sticky. Let rise for 45 minutes.
- Divide into portions of 60g. Let rest another 10 minutes.
- Roll flat, add fillings in, seal and roll into a ball. Let rise, covered with plastic wrap, for around 45 minutes.
- Glaze thickly with beaten egg. Bake in a preheated oven of 190degrees celsius for 12 minutes.
- Immediately brush generously with melted butter once out of the oven.