Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serving Suggestion: Serve with sliced cucumber sprinkled with sugar and vinegar or plain yogurt topped with brown sugar, chopped bananas and green onions.
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles or 1 1⁄3 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄4 cup almonds or 1⁄4 cup pecans
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes. Add curry powder, cumin and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until onion is tender. Add meat; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring to separate meat.
- Stir in sour cream, milk, 1/4 cup raisins and sugar. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, until heated through. Spoon over hot noodles. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup raisins and nuts.