Prep 1 hr
Cook 50 mins
Use Vegetable broth or Vegetarian Chicken broth sub for Vegetarian option
- 3 tart apples
- 4 carrots
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 cups chicken broth (I use faux chicken broth, you can use real)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- Chop carrots and place in large pot with butter on medium/ low heat.
- While carrots are sweating, core and dice apples (you can remove the peels, but I like to leave them on).
- Add to carrots.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until apples and carrots are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, cook another 10 minutes.
- Blend until smooth.
Delicious! I also used more coconut milk and less stock.
Yummy and fast! I used a bit more coconut milk (and less chicken stock). Pink Lady apples worked well with this recipe, and I loved not having to peel them.