Recipe by StarFire22
A spicy nip, an earthy sweet, a flash of salt, a bitter green, and a veil of "something exotic" choreograph a dance across the taste buds coming together in harmony with flashing solos of flavor woven throughout. I don't know how this symphony of flavor happened, but it just came together magically. It is light yet filling enough to make a meal of it. I added Love, Joy, Happiness and Delight when I prepped and cooked it and it came out wonderfully! My family unanimously scored this one a keeper! Hope you enjoy.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 japanese yam, peeled and cubed 1/2-inch
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) canlarge butter beans
- 6 collard greens, chopped with stalks diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stalks from collards and dice into 1/4" pieces.
- Place onion, yam, and collard stalks in large skillet
- Add olive oil and stir fry until soft, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Add the full can of butter beans including liquid.
- Stir in the curry and anise seed and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped collard leaves and water.
- Gently stir and turn until collards have wilted, about 4- 6 minutes.
- Serve over rice or as a side dish.