Recipe by BurtonFanatic
I thought this up last night and it turned out pretty well. I'm not sure what the exact measurements are, so I guessed. This can be made into a vegan meal by substituting the chicken broth for veggie and the regular yogurt for soy. Feel free to adjust to your own tastes.
Top Review by sylviaspisic
This is a really good way to add fiber to your diet. I used white beans and parsley and it turned out great. I've made it a second time with water instead of the broth and parsley instead of cilantro... it's even better.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 (19 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion, olive and garlic in a pan and cook until lightly browned, then add broth and tomato paste.
- Add garbanzo beans, cilantro and curry and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon garbanzo beans and onions into a blender and a ladle full of the broth/ tomato paste mixture as well. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture back to the pot and stir.
- Add cayenne pepper and yogurt. Stir and serve.