Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I thought this up last night and it turned out pretty well. I'm not sure what the exact measurements are, so I guessed. This can be made into a vegan meal by substituting the chicken broth for veggie and the regular yogurt for soy. Feel free to adjust to your own tastes.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 (19 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- Place onion, olive and garlic in a pan and cook until lightly browned, then add broth and tomato paste.
- Add garbanzo beans, cilantro and curry and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon garbanzo beans and onions into a blender and a ladle full of the broth/ tomato paste mixture as well. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture back to the pot and stir.
- Add cayenne pepper and yogurt. Stir and serve.
This is a really good way to add fiber to your diet. I used white beans and parsley and it turned out great. I've made it a second time with water instead of the broth and parsley instead of cilantro... it's even better.
Loved it. I added a jar of roasted red peppers and used a little less cayenne.
This was fantastic! Really loved it and so did my boyfriend. It has a very strong Indian flavor to it. Note that I didn't have the exact ingredients - I had tomato sauce instead of paste and chili powder instead of cayanne (which I think may have given a really nice smoky flavor to it) and since my substitutions were milder forms I just doubled the amounts. Can't compare since I haven't tried the original recipe, but it turned out great and I'm sure the original would also. HIGHLY recommend if you like Indian style curries.