Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another unique way to use up those abundant zuccini. This can be served either hot or cold. Good either way. Easy to make ahead and serve cold or heat up in the microwave.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsly diced
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon raisins (or more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries (if available)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add curry, cumin, garlic powder, red pepper flake and onion.
- Mix well, reduce heat to low, cook about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, stock and water.
- Increase heat to med high and boil, uncovered, about 10 minutes.
- Cover pot, remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
- Puree with hand blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add raisins, cranberries and salt.
- Blend again.
- Serve hot or cold.