Another unique way to use up those abundant zuccini. This can be served either hot or cold. Good either way. Easy to make ahead and serve cold or heat up in the microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsly diced
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon raisins (or more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries (if available)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- 2Add curry, cumin, garlic powder, red pepper flake and onion.
- 3Mix well, reduce heat to low, cook about 5 minutes.
- 4Add zucchini, stock and water.
- 5Increase heat to med high and boil, uncovered, about 10 minutes.
- 6Cover pot, remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
- 7Puree with hand blender or food processor until smooth.
- 8Add raisins, cranberries and salt.
- 9Blend again.
- 10Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Zucchini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 159.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: