Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a lovely, spicy soup, which is sure to warm you through on a chilly day. I luv its hot flavour, which does not overpower the zucchini. My sis and me came up with this recipe when I could only eat soup due to having my wisdom teeth pulled. I hope youll enjoy it as much as we did! Feel free to sub any other squash for the zucchini and adjust the spices to your liking.
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil (I used a garlic infused one)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 -4 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 liter vegetable broth, warm
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a big cast-iron pot.
- Add curry powder and garlic. Saute until fragrant, but not too brown.
- Add vegetables and sautee for 2 minutes.
- Add broth (veggies should be just covered) and let simmer with lid on until veggies are tender (15-20 minutes).
- Season with chili powder and salt and pepper.
- Using a hand-held blender puree to your liking adding more broth if you find it too thick.
- Serve with a nice crusty loaf of bread or any other item of your choice. ;).
We just had this for lunch with toasted organic sourdough bread and enjoyed it very much thanks Loula. I tasted this and decided it was quite "warm" enough without adding any chilli powder (my curry powder already contains it). I gave it a rough blend, THEN added in the finely sliced scallions and reheated it all gently-this way they stayed nice and green. I served this with minted yoghurt and even if I had no yoghurt, I would serve this with mint as it really lifted the soup and gave it something extra.
We really enjoyed this soup. The only change was to use a leek in lieu of the scallions. The recipe made quite a bit more than 4 servings. The soup was served with cheese toast for a wonderful dinner. I look forward to leftovers throughout the week.
This is good. DD (toddler) loved it!!! I had to use canola oil because it's all I had! :| I used an extra garlic clove and Julie's Curry Powder Mix, which is a sweet curry powder. I added the spices to taste. I used a homemade vegetable stock for the vegetable broth.