Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am always on the lookout for soup recipes in the winter. I thought this one would be interesting. Curry paste gives lots of flavour to a vegetable that does not have much. Serve crunchy pappadums broken into small pieces as a garnish, if desired.
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 3 zucchini, trimmed and chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped yukon gold potato
- 14.79 ml indian curry paste
- 946.36 ml chicken stock
- 118.29 ml yogurt (optional)
- 29.58 ml chopped coriander or 29.58 ml mint
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine onions, zucchini, potatoes and curry paste in a soup pot. Pour over chicken stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in yogurt and mint.
- Purée with a hand blender or in a food processor. Return to pot, taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Reheat to a simmer but do not boil, as yogurt would curdle.