Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am always on the lookout for soup recipes in the winter. I thought this one would be interesting. Curry paste gives lots of flavour to a vegetable that does not have much. Serve crunchy pappadums broken into small pieces as a garnish, if desired.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 zucchini, trimmed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yukon gold potato
- 1 tablespoon indian curry paste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander or 2 tablespoons mint
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine onions, zucchini, potatoes and curry paste in a soup pot. Pour over chicken stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in yogurt and mint.
- Purée with a hand blender or in a food processor. Return to pot, taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Reheat to a simmer but do not boil, as yogurt would curdle.