Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an Emeril recipe that looks amazing. I'm storing it here with my own touches to try soon. This can be served hot or cold, and prep time does not include chilling. Use the soy milk to make it dairy-free.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 lbs zucchini, trimmed and chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- fried pappadams or toasted pita bread, triangles (to accompany)
- In a medium pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, salt, and cayenne, stir, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the zucchini, reduce to medium heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the zucchini is very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. With a hand-held immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor, puree the soup.
- Return to medium heat and stir in the cream. Simmer for 3 minutes. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Pour into a clean container and let cool slightly. Refrigerate until well chilled, 4 to 6 hours.
- To serve, ladle into large cups, garnish with cilantro, and serve with hot pappadums or pita toast.
- This soup may be served hot or cold.
I have made this many times. Wonderful soup. I use half & half and extra curry. Thanks.