Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nice mild curry flavour, add more if you like. Swirl no fat yogurt, sour cream or cream into each serving, to mellow the curry flavour. From Company's Coming, cooking for diabetics. diabetic choices: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit and veggie each serving.
- Saute onion and garlic in margarine in large uncovered pot or dutch oven until onion is very soft and turning golden brown.
- Stir in curry paste.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining 7 ingredients.
- Heat on medium, partially covered for 1 hour.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Remove and reserve 2 cups soup.
- Process remaining soup with hand blender or in batches in blender until smooth.
- Combine reserved and pureed chowder.
Outstanding!! Good to make anytime, for anyone!! Thank you for this recipe!!
Num num num. Made this tonight - it was very tasty. I feel like there could be an additional flavor dimension; after tasting I did add some lemon juice/zest. It didn't hurt. I also served it with a drizzle of yogurt. I will certainly make it again.
This was amazing. I didn't have curry paste so I tried curry powder and kept adding to my taste. So hearty and comforting. Thanks