Recipe by Derf
Nice mild curry flavour, add more if you like. Swirl no fat yogurt, sour cream or cream into each serving, to mellow the curry flavour. From Company's Coming, cooking for diabetics. diabetic choices: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit and veggie each serving.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry paste
- 4 cups zucchini, grated with peel,about 3 medium
- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in margarine in large uncovered pot or dutch oven until onion is very soft and turning golden brown.
- Stir in curry paste.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining 7 ingredients.
- Heat on medium, partially covered for 1 hour.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Remove and reserve 2 cups soup.
- Process remaining soup with hand blender or in batches in blender until smooth.
- Combine reserved and pureed chowder.