Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very good and easy side dish.
- 1 teaspoon butter (vegetable cooking spray)
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Melt butter in a large skillet,that is coated with cooking spray.
- Add zucchini and onion; saute until tender.
- Stir in tomato, brown sugar, and curry powder.
- Cover and cook 1 minute,Sprinkle zucchini mixture with parmesan cheese, serve warm.
This is sooo easy to make and very delicious! Always good to have more zucchini recipes as summer gets going. The only change I made was to use more than one teaspoon of butter (more like one tablespoon). I served this as a vegetarian entree, along with a coconut basmati rice dish. Very nice! Thanks for sharing!
I LOVED THIS!! I used red onions and No-Calorie Promise instead of butter. I also could not use 1 cup of tomato (since I did not have that much) but instead added a tad of tomato sauce. Because I'm abnormally health-conscious, I used a lot less parm (mostly just sprinkled at the end) and also used Splenda brown sugar instead of regular. DESPITE these changes, the recipe was still phenomenal..I can only imagine what it would taste like in original form! Thank you for the recipe!!! :)