Curried Yam and Mango over Basmati Rice
- While the rice is cooking, in a large saute pan, melt the butter or ghee and the peanut oil over medium heat and brown the yams until golden on all sides, about 10-12 minutes and until fork tender.
- Next add the onions and brown until softened. Add the curry powder, fresh ginger, coriander, red pepper, and mango; stirring well to coat. Heat through. Season with salt to taste.
- Arrange the rice on a large serving platter and top with the yam/mango mixture.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.
- Cooking time does not include cooking the rice.