Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Delicious. I have no other words to describe this soup.
Make and share this Curried Winter Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 22.18 ml butter
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml curry
- 4.92 ml rosemary
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml sage
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 946.36 ml vegetable stock
- 236.59 ml water
- 1 medium rutabaga
- 236.59 ml split red lentils or 236.59 ml split yellow lentils
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and sliced
- 59.14 ml coconut milk (or regular milk)
- 9.85 ml cilantro or 9.85 ml parsley, finely chopped
- In large stockpot, melt butter.
- Stir in cumin, curry, rosemary, pepper, and sage.
- Add garlic and leek.
- Cook on low heat, 2-5 minutes or until leek is tender.
- Add stock, water, rutabaga, and lentils.
- Bring to a boil, slowly.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, covered.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and parsnips.
- Simmer, covered, for 25-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat; allow to cool slightly, until all bubbling has stopped.
- Mash with a potato masher until consistency is partly chunky.
- Stir in coconut milk (if using) and cilantro or parsley.
- Return to heat briefly to re-warm and serve.
Yum. You can spice it up or down. I used light coconut milk. It was great.
this is amazing soup. I had never cooked anything with parsnip or rutabaga, but it worked so well. Thanks for posting!