1/2 Photos of Curried Winter Vegetable Soup
1 hr 15 mins
Geniale Genie's Note:
Delicious. I have no other words to describe this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium rutabaga
- 1 cup split red lentils or 1 cup split yellow lentils
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or regular milk)
- 2 teaspoons cilantro or 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1In large stockpot, melt butter.
- 2Stir in cumin, curry, rosemary, pepper, and sage.
- 3Add garlic and leek.
- 4Cook on low heat, 2-5 minutes or until leek is tender.
- 5Add stock, water, rutabaga, and lentils.
- 6Bring to a boil, slowly.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, covered.
- 8Add potatoes, carrots, and parsnips.
- 9Simmer, covered, for 25-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 10Remove from heat; allow to cool slightly, until all bubbling has stopped.
- 11Mash with a potato masher until consistency is partly chunky.
- 12Stir in coconut milk (if using) and cilantro or parsley.
- 13Return to heat briefly to re-warm and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Winter Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.0
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 73.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: