From Rachel Ray Show today with Rupert Everett. Looks really yummy - plan to make it for dinner tonight so will report back and take pictures!!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggplants, peel half of each one and chop into bite-size pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced into about one-inch chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 -3 cups vegetable stock, plus
- 1 cup vegetable stock, divided (or chicken stock if non-vegetarian desired)
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste, more if desired
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 28 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) bag spinach, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) bag pita chips
- Place about 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the eggplant and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the cauliflower and potatoes, turn the heat down to medium and cook for 5 minutes. Bring heat back up to medium-high and toss in the red bell pepper, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, (add a little more oil should the mixture seems dry).
- Keep cooking for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in stock and bring to a simmer.
- In the meantime, add the curry paste and the mango chutney along with 1 cup of the stock in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the curry mixture into the pot along with the chickpeas and tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture up to a bubble and simmer for 10-15 minutes, (until the potatoes and veggies are nice and tender and the flavors have melded together).
- Fold spinach in at the end.
- Serve generous amounts in bowls and top with pita chips.
- Garnish plain yogurt if desired.
- Enjoy! ;).