Recipe by Laura Bruce
This is my favorite thing to do with wild rice. It freezes well.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Was looking for a differant way to make wild rice for a side to go with a pork loin and so glad I found this. Loved the blend of flavors and the combination of white rice (I used jazmine) and wild rice. Didn't have scallons (can't believe I was out) or green peppers but the flavoring and directions given where spot on. This will be enjoyed often.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 ounces sweet butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add wild rice and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Drain well.
- In a large heavy dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add scallions, green pepper and mushrooms and saute, stirring until softened, 4-5 minutes .
- Add parboiled wild rice and long grain rice and toss well to coat with butter.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and bake on center shelf of oven until all liquid has been absorbed, about 40-50 minutes .
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.