Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
This is from the George Foreman Great Grilling Recipe book. Being soy intolerant, I can never eat regular veggie burgers. These are a snap to throw together, especially if you have left over brown rice. I love the carrot, curry and walnut together...really delicious!
Top Review by VegSocialWorker
This tasted great and was easy to make. We don't have an electric grill, so I just cooked them on a non stick skillet and that worked great. A unique taste indeed, and a great alternative to the same old vegi burger. I really like the taste of the yogurt with curry and walnuts. I also added a chopped up chili pepper 'cause we like things spicy. Thanks for posting this. It's a keeper.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne pepper)
- 1 1⁄3 cups cooked couscous or 1 1⁄3 cups brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 4 whole grain buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill 5 minutes.
- Combine eggs, yogurt, worcestershire sauce, curry, salt, red pepper in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until blended.
- Stir in couscous or rice, walnuts, carrot, green onions and breadcrumbs.
- Shape into 4 one inch thick patties.
- Place on grill and cook 7-8 minutes or until hot and cooked through.
- Serve on buns and garnish as desired.