1/2 Photos of Curried Walnut Grain Burgers
This is from the George Foreman Great Grilling Recipe book. Being soy intolerant, I can never eat regular veggie burgers. These are a snap to throw together, especially if you have left over brown rice. I love the carrot, curry and walnut together...really delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne pepper)
- 1 1/3 cups cooked couscous or 1 1/3 cups brown rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup minced green onion
- 1/3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 4 whole grain buns
- 1Preheat grill 5 minutes.
- 2Combine eggs, yogurt, worcestershire sauce, curry, salt, red pepper in large bowl.
- 3Beat with an electric mixer until blended.
- 4Stir in couscous or rice, walnuts, carrot, green onions and breadcrumbs.
- 5Shape into 4 one inch thick patties.
- 6Place on grill and cook 7-8 minutes or until hot and cooked through.
- 7Serve on buns and garnish as desired.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Walnut Grain Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.1
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 108.4 mg
- Sodium 443.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain buns