Recipe by Rinshinomori
I'm on a verjus kick! This recipe comes from MacCallum House Restaurant, Mendocino, CA.
- 2 lbs mussels
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups verjus
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Discard open mussels if they don't close when tapped.
- Sweat ginger in butter for about 1 minutes until soft, but not brown.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Cover and bring to simmer in large stockpot. Steam gently until mussels open. Do not boil - mussels will toughen.
- Serve with chopped cilantro on top.