Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Veggies with curry that African dish's are known for. You can use as a side dish. Feel free to add or detract vegetables for your liking. I like to add mushrooms as well.
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1 cup green peas (drain liquid from a can)
- 1 cup cooked great northern bean (drain liquid from can)
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (2 Tablespoons, fresh is best)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Peel potatoes. Cut potato in half width wise and then slice length wise to make long strips
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet, add potatoes and onions and fry over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add broth, zucchini, peas, beans, cucumber, lemon juice and curry powder to skillet. Simmer until vegetables are tender, if most of the liquid has evaporated, you can add more broth or water. You don't want to much liquid, but just enough to simmer veggies.
- While vegetables are simmering, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, mix well and simmer on low until mixture is browned (Don't let it burn)
- When vegetables are tender, add flour and butter mixture to skillet. Stir in well and continue to simmer until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.