Omelets are great because they offer an opportunity to use up left-over veggies and they just taste wonderful! This is marvelous served with hot, buttered wheat toast and a glass of juice. Mmmm! Discovered this in The Big Book of Vegetarian
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup broccoli floret (small)
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced and peeled
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (medium)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Boil some water in pot and blanche carrots and broccoli for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- 2Heat skillet over medium heat and melt 2 tbsp butter with olive oil.
- 3Add onion and bell pepper and cook until softened.
- 4Stir curry powder, cumin, garlic, salt, lemon zest, and cooked vegetables.
- 5Set aside and keep warm.
- 6In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, salt and pepper.
- 7Heat 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat and melt 1 tbsp butter.
- 8Pour in beaten eggs and swirl pan to distribute eggs evenly over surface.
- 9Cook without stirring for about 10 seconds.
- 10As bottom begins to set, lift the cooked portion of the omelet with spatula to let the uncooked egg flow under it.
- 11Repeat until most of the omelet is set but center is still moist and creamy.
- 12Spoon filling over center of omelet.
- 13Loosen omelet from pan and fold one-third from far side to the center.
- 14Tip the pan over serving plate so the unfolded side begins to slide and flip so it's folded into thirds.
- 15Serve immediately and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Veggie Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.0
- Calories from Fat 581
- Total Fat 64.5 g
- Saturated Fat 28.8 g
- Cholesterol 727.5 mg
- Sodium 1871.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 25.0 g