Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple mixed veggie curry that is yumm!
- 1 lb frozen mixed vegetables
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 dried red chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- Poke a few holes into the bag of veggies and microwave on high for 3 minutes to thaw.
- Mix together the yogurt and cornstarch, set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over med. high heat. Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds and mustard seeds and cover pan with splatter screen. Stir occassionally until they begin to pop. (This is why you need the screen!) Now turn the heat down to Medium and add turmeric, onion powder, coriander, cinnamon, garlic, and chiles.
- Sautee until the garlic turns golden brown. Slowly add in vegetables, sugar, salt and pepper and cook till veggies are heated thorougly. About 5 minutes or so.
- Remove veggies from heat and pour into bowl with yogurt mix. Stir to coat. Remove the chilles if you don't want the heat.
This is SO good!!! I was thinking it would just be a regular old meal, but it was quite the opposite. Excellent flavors- loved the cinnamon and fennel. I didn't have onion powder, unfortunately but I don't know that I even missed it. Meat-eater DH enjoyed this very much also. I used fat free yogurt, that's my only other change. Overall, a super affordable meal. I want to note that the BEST thing about this recipe is the total ease of preparation. Stove to table in less than 30 minutes. AWESOME.