Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Good for the soul
Make and share this Curried Vegetable Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 6 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups large diced pumpkin
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 chayotes, peeled, and roughly chopped
- 2 cups large dice yukon gold potatoes
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- vegetable stock, to cover
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- hot sauce, to taste
- Heat a large braising pot over high heat. Add the oil and the onions, and saute for 2 minutes. Then, add the red peppers and saute 2 minutes more.
- Then, add curry powder, and saute until fragrant. Add the garlic, ginger, a little salt and pepper to the saute.
- Add the pumpkins, chickpeas, chayote, potatoes, carrots, thyme, and scallions, and stir the saute for about 6 minutes. Add enough vegetable stock to just cover the vegetables. Bring to a simmer, and then add the cauliflower and cover the pot.
- Simmer for about 35 minutes. Then add Hot Sauce, salt, and pepper, to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes more.