Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Fragrant and spicy. Kick it up with a little cayenne pepper, if you dare.
Make and share this Curried Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large carrots, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 354.88 ml parsnips, diced
- 1 turnip, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1182.95 ml water
- 473.18 ml apple cider or 473.18 ml juice
- 14.79 ml mild Madras curry powder
- 2.46 ml salt (or to taste)
- 1.23 ml black pepper (or to taste)
- 4.92-9.85 ml dried parsley flakes
- Place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer, for 50-60 minutes, or until vegetables are tender to your liking (best to check the celery since it is the toughest).
- Serve garnished with a sprinkling of ground red pepper, if desired.
This was simply divine! Sackville Girl (Friedel) sent me some gorgeous curry powder in a package swap and it really was the start of this soup! I'm on a diet that doesn't allow carrots and parsnips, but I added a can of chickpeas and lots and lots of coriander. I made another batch the next day and froze it in small Tupperware containers to take into the office. Thanks for my new favorite, Sue L!
This is SOUPER soup The recipe does not say the amount of turnip so I diced a small one apprx 1 1/2 cups. There is just the right amount of curry - tasty but not overwhelming. I used 2 cups of low sodium chicken stock and three cups water. I found after cooking the soup for apprx 2 hour nearly fully covered it had reduced considerably leaving it too heavy with veggies and not enough stock so I added 2 additional cups of water. - this did not make the soup watery at all. We had two bowls for lunch and there are another 5 servings that I am putting in the freezer for those cold days ahead Thanks Sue for yet another winner. This recipe stays with my all time favorite soups