Fragrant and spicy. Kick it up with a little cayenne pepper, if you dare.
Make and share this Curried Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large carrots, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups parsnips, diced
- 1 turnip, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups apple cider or 2 cups juice
- 1 tablespoon mild Madras curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer, for 50-60 minutes, or until vegetables are tender to your liking (best to check the celery since it is the toughest).
- Serve garnished with a sprinkling of ground red pepper, if desired.