Recipe by the_cookie_lady
From Cooking Light's 1991 Annual Cookbook. This is a healthy recipe. Includes yellow squash, onion, carrots, broccoli, etc.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup cubed yellow squash
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower floret
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a dutch oven with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add squash, onion, carrot and garlic; sauté until vegetables are crips-tender.
- Stir in water, bouillon, curry powder, coriander, and cumin. Bring mixture to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower and rice. Cover and cook an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Ladle soup into individual bowls.