Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
An easy and delicious vegetable curry with rice. Colorful and spicy.
Top Review by Missy Wombat
Nice enough recipe but all tastes blur into one so I think that this is one recipe that would do better on the stove top. I am a pea hater so left them out but otherwise this is a good recipe.
- 3 cups coarsely chopped red potatoes
- 2 cups peeled and coarsely chopped sweet potatoes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking white rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup dry-roasted cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the first 9 ingredients to a 4-quart slow cooker; stir the ingredients to mix them up.
- Pour the broth and coconut milk over the vegetable mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- Stir in the rice and frozen peas; cover and cook 5 more minutes.
- Ladle mixture onto individual plates and sprinkle with cashews.