Recipe by Miss Annie
If the salad is refrigerated, the dressing may thicken. Before serving, add a tablespoon or so of milk to thin. If your supermarket has a salad bar, pick up several colors of bell peppers to save prep time.
- 8 ounces medium penne pasta
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced bell peppers
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallions or 1⁄2 cup chopped chives
- spinach leaves (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, 8-10 minutes.
- While pasta cooks, combine in a large bowl, the mayonnaise, chutney, curry, salt, and cayenne; mix well.
- Add the bell peppers, peas, and scallions or chives; toss to combine.
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Drain again.
- Add the pasta to the bell pepper mixture and toss well.
- Serve the salad on a bed of spinach leaves, if desired.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, and almonds, if desired.