Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is very good and hearty. Received this from my friend Kathy a couple of years ago. This is now a regular in our house.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (1/2 tsp dry)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cups vegetable stock (or chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tomatoes, canned, drained
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn (or canned)
- 1 cup mixed beans, canned (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- In large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onion and cook until softened but not browned.
- Add garlic, ginger and curry powder; cook stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes and carrot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until carrot is slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add potato, corn and beans.
- Eeturn to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Stir in parsley.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
This is really tasty, I used a can of crushed tomatoes and added a can of kidney beans as well. (just wanted more soup!) loved the flavourings, thanks for sharing.