This is very good and hearty. Received this from my friend Kathy a couple of years ago. This is now a regular in our house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (1/2 tsp dry)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cups vegetable stock (or chicken)
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes, canned, drained
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn (or canned)
- 1 cup mixed beans, canned (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1In large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil.
- 2Add onion and cook until softened but not browned.
- 3Add garlic, ginger and curry powder; cook stirring for about 2 minutes.
- 4Add stock, tomatoes and carrot.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until carrot is slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- 6Add potato, corn and beans.
- 7Eeturn to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until potato is tender.
- 8Stir in parsley.
- 9Add salt and pepper if needed.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Vegetable and Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 88.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: