Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Dive in and go for it.Less than 350 calories.
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey or 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped unpeeled tart eating apple
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 can whole tomato, undrained
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts, if desired
- Cook ground turkey,onion and garlic in 10 inch skillet over medium heat,stirring frequently,until turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except spaghetti and peanuts; break up tomatoes.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apple is tender.
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package;drain.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.