Recipe by Sarah Chana
A variation on the variation of the one Julie found at epicurious.com. Very refreshing and delicious. It can be made ahead to sit in the fridge for a while. A good use for leftovers.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken meat, boned and skinned
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 4 -5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 small mango, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup roasted salted cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare chicken: cut into 1/2" pieces.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, wine, curry powder, lemon juice and ginger in large bowl.
- Add turkey, onions, mango, celery and raisins; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Chill.
- Can be made 1 day ahead and refrigerated t this point.
- Mix cashews into salad before serving.