Sarah Chana's Note:
A variation on the variation of the one Julie found at epicurious.com. Very refreshing and delicious. It can be made ahead to sit in the fridge for a while. A good use for leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs turkey or 1 1/2 lbs chicken meat, boned and skinned
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 -5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 small mango, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup roasted salted cashews
- 1Prepare chicken: cut into 1/2" pieces.
- 2Whisk together mayonnaise, wine, curry powder, lemon juice and ginger in large bowl.
- 3Add turkey, onions, mango, celery and raisins; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Chill.
- 4Can be made 1 day ahead and refrigerated t this point.
- 5Mix cashews into salad before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Turkey or Chicken Salad With Cashews
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.3
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 348.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: