Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is something I came up with when I had turkey mince defrosted but wanted curry. It was very good.
- 500 g ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, finely minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped (cilantro)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (500 g) jar curry sauce, I used Rogan Josh
- Mix all the ingredients for the meat balls together in a large bowl.
- Form into golf ball sized balls (you should get about 20).
- Heat the oil in a large heavy bottomed frying pan over medium heat and cook the balls until browned all over and cooked through. Be careful turning them as they will be quite delicate.
- When the meatballs are done, drain them on kitchen paper and wash out the pan.
- Pour in the jar of sauce and cook the meatballs gently for 15 minutes or until well heated through.
- Serve over rice garnished with extra coriander if you wish.