Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wowee wow, think you don't like cous cous, then try this recipe, I swear you'll be converted. A great healthy & tasty lunch. Found in Recipes +.
- 2 cups instant couscous
- 2 cups boiling chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 (185 g) cans tuna in water, flaked & drained
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 40 g baby rocket
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup hummus, to serve
- Place couscous in a large heatproof bowl & stir in stock, add in curry powder, garlic & margarine and mix to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap & set aside for 5 mins or until all liquid has absorbed. Fluff with a fork to separate grains.
- Add tuna to couscous with capsicum, carrot, rocket, onions & lemon juice, season to taste & stir well to combine.
- Top each serve with a generous dollop of hommus.
Didn't have any arugula or onion on hand, but still tasted very good. Served as a side for Asian-Style Grilled Tilapia (Asian-Style Grilled Tilapia).
A nice combination of flavours that made a tasty lunch - I didn't have any rocket though and I halved the amount of couscous. Thanks!
So good. I love it with the hummus. I cut everything down to 2 servings except for the veggies. Made a great lunch.