Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Curried Tuna-Apple Sandwiches
Make and share this Curried Tuna-Apple Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water
- 3⁄4 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup finely-chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons thinly-sliced green onions
- 4 slices toasted whole grain bread
- Stir together the fat-free mayonnaise, seasonings and lemon juice.
- Drain and flake the tuna.
- Add tuna, chopped apple, chopped celery, raisins and sliced green onions to the mayonnaise mixture.
- Stir until well blended.
- Spread equal portions on the toast.
- Serve open-faced.
This is a very nice change from our usual tuna sandwiches. I used regular Miracle Whip and no cayenne pepper. It's good for summer evenings.
This is delicious. I did not use a fat-free mayonnaise but used Helmans olive oil mayonnaise to be soy free. I used Julie's Curry Powder Mix which is a sweet curry powder, we dont like hot spicy. I omitted the garlic powder and cayenne as I dont use either. I used freshly squeezed lemon juice, a peeled Red Delicious Apple and dark raisins. I would make this again!
We loved the raisins and curry powder in this recipe. I'd never had either in a tuna sandwich before. In reading Cookgirl's comments I'd like to try this topped on mixed greens with a drizzled rice wine vinegar also. This recipe is fast to make and most people would have everything on hand, maybe with the exception of the fat-free mayo. When I need to take sandwiches someplace I'm making this one. Just to show others the great taste the curry adds to tuna. As curry was the last spice I reached for but that has changed after making this recipe. We made this several times thank you for sharing this recipe.