Recipe by Latchy
This is something I do quite often when tomatoes are cheap. It goes great with grilled fish, or grilled meat. Not bad on toast either. These measurements are a guess, have never measured anything for this.
Top Review by Chef floWer
This is the first time I've made curried tomatoes and I really enjoyed the recipe. The flavours were outstanding. The only thing I changed was I used raw sugar instead of palm and I used preserved kaffir lime leafs instead of fresh ones. Thank you Latch - Rest in Peace.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped finely around (150g)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (or to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped coarsely (720g)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium pan and cook the onion, ginger and garlic until the onion is soft.
- Stir in the ground spices; cook stirring for about 2 minutes until the spices smell fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, lime leaves, chili and sugar and cook stirring for about 10 minutes until the tomato is just tender.
- Pour in the coconut cream and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes Discard the lime leaves and stir in the fresh coriander.