Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posting in anticipation of those garden tomatoes & basil! May add a pound of fresh shrimp & cook until just opaque before adding basil. From Taste of Thai.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 28 ounces canned peeled whole Italian plum tomatoes
- 13 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- 15 ounces straw mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb firm tofu (drained & cubed)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh, chiffoned
- In a medium sized non-aluminum sauce pan heat oil, onion and Red Curry Paste. Cook over a medium heat until onions are soft and curry is dissolved & fragrant.
- Blend or process tomatoes until smooth and add to sauce pan. Add Coconut Milk and mushrooms. Bring to a boil and turn heat down to a simmer.
- Add tofu, sugar, lime juice. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until tofu is warmed through. Stir in chiffoned basil. Serve with or without rice garnished with sprigs of basil.