Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a favorite lunch food. Similar to egg salad but w/o the egg. Can be served as a sandwich or as a dip w/ vege crudites. I've seen similar recipes -- this is my favorite way to make it!! Enjoy!!
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu (w/ liquid pressed out)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, finely minced
- 1 stalk celery, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip or 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, more if desired
- 4 teaspoons curry powder (or more)
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- To press liquid out of tofu: place in a flat-bottomed sieve, put a plate on top and weight it down w/ something heavy-- after about an hour you'll probably have about 1/4- 1/2 cup of liquid pressed out.
- Chop tofu, not too small-- I use an wire egg slicer.
- Combine tofu, celery& onion.
- Add mayo, curry, lemon juice, and salt&pepper.
- Gently mix.
- Can use immediately but will be more flavorful if left in refridge for several hours to overnight.
- Great as a sandwich filling (similar to egg salad) or as a dip for vege crudites.
Very easy and very delicious!
this is a winner; I added some Mrs. Dash no-salt seasoning blend (about a teas.) This makes a wonderful bread spread or on crackers.