Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is quick and easy. I want to try adding some peas or other vegetable, as well as mango instead of the apple, but haven't had the chance to yet.
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, well drained
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tart apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 bunch watercress, rinsed well & dried (leaves & tender shoots only)
- Cut tofu into small bite sized pieces and let sit on a cloth napkin to absorb more of the water.
- Add the curry powder to a quart ziptop bag, add the tofu and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook, turning often, for 10 minutes.
- Add the apple and water and simmer until most of the water is gone and the apple is soft.
- Serve over the watercress.