Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and delicious recipe that satisfies vegetarians and low carbers alike!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large red pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 1⁄4 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 (3/4 lb) blocks firm tofu, well drained and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped parsley or 1 tablespoon cilantro
- In a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the pepper and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally until tender.
- Increase the heat and cook, stirring until any liquid in the pan evaporates.
- Add the tofu, green onions, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat and cook until heated through.
- Stir in the tomato and parsley or cilantro.