Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Vegan version of egg salad, I am a vegetarian and thoroughly enjoy this spread. Have made it for a friend who has an allergy to eggs, but loved egg salad sandwiches, she loves it.
- 250 g tofu
- 3 tablespoons soy mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 celery rib, very finely diced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ground black pepper
- Mash tofu until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour so that the flavours can develop.
- Use as a sandwich spread or on toast.