Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The weekly scenario: home from the farmers' market with lots of produce and I'm hungry!
Make and share this Curried Tofu Egg Salad Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slice cheddar cheese bread, toasted
- 453.59 g soft tofu, mashed
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml curry powder (homemade is best!)
- 1.23 ml turmeric
- 29.58 ml onions, finely minced
- 29.58 ml carrots, finely minced or 29.58 ml shredded carrots
- 1 stalk celery & leaves, finely minced
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.25-0.5 ml garlic powder (NOT garlic salt)
- 12-16 fresh basil leaves
- 16 slice cucumbers or 16 slice lemon cucumbers
- fresh ground black pepper
- additional mayonnaise or yellow mustard, for spreading
- Toast the bread.
- In a bowl mash the tofu with a fork until the tofu has the consistency of egg salad. Stir in the mayonnaise, curry powder, onion, carrot, celery and leaves, salt, and dash of garlic.
- Spread each slice of toast on one side with mayonnaise or mustard. Top with 4 slices of cucumber and 3-4 basil leaves.
- Spread the other slice with the tofu spread. Garnish with black pepper. Carefully place on top of the other slice of bread.
- Serve with fresh seasonal fruit!