The weekly scenario: home from the farmers' market with lots of produce and I'm hungry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices cheddar cheese bread, toasted
- 16 ounces soft tofu, mashed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (homemade is best!)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons carrots, finely minced or 2 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 1 stalk celery & leaves, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 dash garlic powder (NOT garlic salt)
- 12 -16 fresh basil leaves
- 16 slices cucumbers or 16 slices lemon cucumbers
- fresh ground black pepper
- additional mayonnaise or yellow mustard, for spreading
- 1Toast the bread.
- 2In a bowl mash the tofu with a fork until the tofu has the consistency of egg salad. Stir in the mayonnaise, curry powder, onion, carrot, celery and leaves, salt, and dash of garlic.
- 3Spread each slice of toast on one side with mayonnaise or mustard. Top with 4 slices of cucumber and 3-4 basil leaves.
- 4Spread the other slice with the tofu spread. Garnish with black pepper. Carefully place on top of the other slice of bread.
- 5Serve with fresh seasonal fruit!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Tofu Egg Salad Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (747 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.1
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 270.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cheddar cheese bread