Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great way to eat tofu. This method could also be used for chicken. Tastes great served with a vegetable and rice. This recipe only serves one so adjust ingredients as needed.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 4 ounces firm tofu, pressed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lemon
- Cut tofu into two patties.
- In a shallow dish, mix together flour, curry powder, herbs and salt and pepper.
- Lay tofu in flour mixture and coat on both sides.
- In a skillet, on medium high heat, heat oil and butter for 1 minute.
- Lay tofu in skillet. Cook for approximately two minutes per side until brown and crispy.
- Squeeze lemon juice over 'cutlets' and enjoy!
I tried this and I must say it's not really my thing. This is a recipe that requires the eater to REALLY love tofu. Although I like tofu, I like it mixed in with my food (as I learned from this recipe). Having said that, I thought the spice combo was good.
I really liked the flavor of this tofu, but I think I should have followed Vino's review and salted the tofu after taking it out of the pan. I may try baking it next time, too, it was a bit greasy, could be my oil wasn't hot enough. I will be making it again, though. Thank you.
I really liked this and am just starting to like tofu. I am doing a low carb diet and used grated parm cheese instead of the flour and this was tasty!