Recipe by sofie-a-toast
This is a really really interesting recipe which uses a unique blend of spices. Really, I've never seen anything like it. I initally thought it looked a little "hippy dippy" but gave it a try because I was so intrigued. Glad I did - super delicious and a totally new flavor!
Top Review by rpgaymer
This had a very interesting combination of flavors. I never thought thyme and curry powder would work together, but it did somehow. I added black beans to this, and had it inside of a burrito with cilantro lime rice and pico de gallo.
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- cheddar cheese
- 4 tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee the onions in pan with a little bit of oil.
- Add tofu and spices and cook until tofu is firm and browned well on all sides.
- Add the thawed spinach, soy sauce and yeast and cook until combined and thoroughly heated.
- Serve as a burrito, with the tofu, cheddar cheese and salsa to taste and diced tomatoes wrapped in the tortilla.