Recipe by Annacia
A French Polyneasian curry.
Top Review by breezermom
I%u2019d never had taro root or breadfruit before, but asked the owner of Four Winds Market if he could get them for me%u2026.luckily he lives in my neighborhood and could drop them off on his way home, so I didn%u2019t have to make a trip on my lunch break from work! I really enjoyed the mix of spices in this%u2026the fresh ginger, garlic, cumin, and cardamom were perfect with the cinnamon (used Saigon cinnamon), chili powder, and coriander. Can%u2019t say I%u2019ll make the extra effort to find taro root and breadfruit again, but will definitely use the mix of spices with sweet potatoes (yams) again! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7.
- 2 lbs taro root, yam, breadfruit (or combination of )
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel vegetable(s), cut into pieces and steam or boil until half cooked.
- Cool and cut into 1/2" cubes. Heat butter and oil in large pot or fry pan.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the prepared vegetables and spices, tossing the spices until well mixed before adding.
- Put a lid on the pan and steam for a few minutes.
- Season to taste.