A French Polyneasian curry.
Make and share this Curried Taro, Yam, Breadfruit recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs taro root, yam, breadfruit (or combination of )
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel vegetable(s), cut into pieces and steam or boil until half cooked.
- Cool and cut into 1/2" cubes. Heat butter and oil in large pot or fry pan.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the prepared vegetables and spices, tossing the spices until well mixed before adding.
- Put a lid on the pan and steam for a few minutes.
- Season to taste.